Travel diaries: The big vacation (Part 3)

by


Language... has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone.

- Paul Tillich



Benefits of solitude are slowly overgrowing every other benefit of company. 
Not that it's stressful being in a group or with people, but from time to time you just need to get away from it all. Have your share of silence and to do with it as you want. Staring in the wall or blasting music from your iPhone- everyone has their own therapy. 
But you just need it. It's a mental vacation. I'd get up early (9 a.m. is early when you're out all night haha) and drink coffee from the terrace looking at joggers and dog-walkers.
It's something I used to get from swimming. I used to be on the synchro-swim team, and the only thing that stuck on me from that time is the feeling of diving in a cold pool and the moment when it all gets quiet, and you are able to sort out your own thoughts.


It's so calm and peaceful. Being in water in general, but when you're all by yourself it's just a chill and you have nothing to worry. It's something I did on this vacation- rest from people. I'd be with friends almost the whole day, but I got the mornings for myself.

I think solitude's something people look for in books, hikes, walks, (blogging?), shopping... Maybe even unintentionally. No one likes to be alone. Being alone comes with loneliness. But being by yourself- it's just great sometimes.
There's sometimes this feeling I get, and it's also something I once read in a book, that in our group of friends we tend to loose parts of our personality and get a "collective" personalty- we all become alike. It may sound silly and stupid, but I think I've seen it with my friends. It's nothing bad, just a consequence of being with people all the time. Hence, the said solitude comes necessary. 

That's why I like this quiet, calm surrounding of Lošinj. You get to be alone and away from the noise. It's so so nice, I miss it already. 

That's about it from my thoughts and vacationing. I gathered plenty of new ideas and topics, but they'll be under their own titles and not travel diaries. 
I have a lot of work ahead of me, including a part business-part pleasure trip to Munich and a festival coming ahead. Also, Fall is coming and it's my favorite season, plus all the shopping that's been going on... I think we'll be having a great season :)
Write soon, xx