Travel diaries: The big vacation

by

Last couple of years, my family and I vacation on the island of Lošinj (pronounced lo-sheen, the most beautiful place on Earth). It's the greenest, most tranquil and peaceful spot ever. There are no words to explain my love for that place. Not only it's heavenly there, but I also met so many great friends from all over Croatia and other countries, and we continue to hang out there each year. 
It's a completely different set of mind over there- the amount of chill and relaxation that's going on is amazing. 
The island has one bigger town, Mali Lošinj (translated as little Lošinj, even though it's bigger than the other one), and a smaller place called Veli Lošinj (translated as big Lošinj) that's almost a village and also the place where I'm staying. The two places are distanced a couple of kilometers. I've only taken pics of Veli Lošinj because we'd only go to Mali by night.


(note; I didn't edit these pictures due to severe laziness) 








What I love about this place is that it still has its soul. It didn't mold itself towards tourists like every other place. One store, couple of cafeterias and restaurants, a bakery and that's pretty much it.
  

Apart from the two towns, the island is filled with small bays and beaches that each has it's own name, i.e. Kriška (literal translate would be slice). A few friends and I went on the said beach one day- we hiked for about two hours there and back, but it was worth it, it was the most serene day of all.


(some pics, like this one, were taken with my phone and I was still so pale and bloated here haha)





The most beautiful part of the day was the evening and sundown- we'd all be on the beach and in the beach bar, just chillin and killing time. The look over the bay is extraordinary and when the Sun's setting down it's so peaceful.








I'm in love love love with all of this. 

That's about that in general. Also, that's why I haven't been posting anything- I brought my laptop and camera, but I've literally shot a few pics of the village and a few landscapes as you can see, but not one outfit.
The couple of weeks I've spent there were basically made of tanning and chilling with friends on the beach, then nightouts and dancing and experimenting till dawn.
I'll make three posts, including this one, to write some things that came around my mind in this past time. This post I'll dedicate to the beauties of nature and benefits of solitude. Other two will be about experimenting and personal thoughts on friendships gone further. Most pics will be from my Instagram, but you can see them on my IG before I publish them here, follow me- gabriela_rukavina for constant new pics of outings and outfits :)
Write soon xx