Foodie obsession

by

Every time my friend I and I meet up, we always end up eating somewhere or discovering new restaurants. A few weeks ago we went to the coolest place around and I completely forgot to post impressions.

The restaurant's called Mundoaka. It's been listed no.1 on weekly lists from several sites. Located a minute walk from main square, students occupy it and if you don't call in advance there's hardly any chance you'll get a table. 


There are new street food restaurants opening all the time, but what makes this one stand out is it's weekly menu that's always surprising, and food that has its soul. It's nothing lavish, but the grilled smoked mozzarella and homemade bread with baked peppers and almonds tastes amazing.


Presentation can tell you a lot about a place; I've noticed that places with modest, warm decor have greater taste than those with crystal chandeliers and ostrich covered chairs (not that I mind them though haha). The simple, looks-like-home design doesn't stand out and forces you to put all your attention on the food. There's no need to compensate lack of taste in glamour.



We ordered together- they combine everything you've ordered and put it all on wooden planks. They wary in size and combinations are endless. It's simple trick but it's so cool haha I felt like a kid when combining everything.
For dessert I had a chilled doughnut with apricot jam, vanilla, chocolate AND almonds. Talk about calorie counting...

I'll definitely be coming back there- great food, great atmosphere... Has it all.

This week I'll be concentrating on food- it's Restaurant Week, which means that a whole lot of restaurant will be making cool menus and it's a tradition of mine to explore each year. So keep up for some cool foodie posts.

Will write soon, xx