Days spent in cinnamon scented small heavens

by


There are thousands of memes of students exploding under pressure I could relate to right now. It feels like playing dodgeball and you're to only target. That's why there's a lack of posts lately, I don't have time even to surf Tumblr to find inspiration or to even have thoughts that aren't school-related.
But some good actually came out of it.


Well lately I've been studying literally all day- and doing that at home is almost impossible. There's my little brother who's all noisy and wants to play all the time, Mum with a million chores that just happen to be done right at the moment... So the only solution is to camp with books somewhere outside. Library's always a good option, but I don't feel comfortable in those surroundings. So I find studying in calm coffee places a lot more productive. So after visiting dozens of places, I've re-visited a place I've forgotten about. 
Velvet caffee is a two-part place in the center. It's a bit hidden in a passage, so it's safe from the city noise. It's almost always full so you're lucky to get a seat. So I'll start with interior. It's been done by an artist and you can see that in every little detail. It's currently in a festive decor and really amazingly done. The ambient is cozy, dim lightning and a mix of orange and cinnamon in the air. I'm loving the part where it's like an old library, with books you can read while chilling. Plus the menus are glued into old classics, like Hamlet or Romeo and Juliet (how cute is that).



So I've been spending hours and hours drinking tea and coffee (best cappuccino in town) over my books, and time really flew by. Food is good and the offer is daily based so you know it's fresh.
Really a small heaven... And that's what you need when you're on your edge with your nerves. 



Visit the place, it's prefect for cold, festive days, to just snuggle up with some bagels and tea. Hope I'll be able to write soon, xx