UNKNOWN

by

A few months ago I was searching for Disclosure's tour dates and locations and stumbled upon the Unknown festival. It wasn't promoted in Croatia and 99% of people never heard of it, but it had dozens of artist and was turbo popular in Britain and Germany.
So a few friends of mine and I said why the hell not and went to see what was it all about.

All photos are from my phone and Instagram





The festival was set in a camp outside Rovinj (also my fave city on the coast). It's a big campus with five stages set throughout; main on the beach, a few in different forests, some hidden and such. The whole place was amazing and decorated in a cute, even hipster way. They organized paint fights, boat parties, beach after party raves...
Hammocks, tents, weird art installations and other stuff decorated the site. But what amazed me most was the vibe and good feels that were ever present- everyone was just so happy and in a great mood. Also, I didn't hear a single person speak Croatian; most people were Britain with some German and other. It was like someone transferred a festival from London directly to Croatia, without changing the crowd. I just LOVED the glitter makeup, boho clothes, all the styles and costumes people wore.





About the music; I must admit I've not heard about most of the artist but the good thing is they were all surprisingly good. Main stage was always a show, featuring artist like Jungle, London Grammar, Moderat, dj Ten Walls... It was something different from Ultra and other electro-music happenings. This was all about chilling and good time. I only wish we had the weather for swimming and laying in the beach. It was cold the last few days and even rainy. 




I think I got deaf at this point-



But all in all it was great, and I'm reading the comments on Facebook and people are praising, going on how it was one of the best festivals this year. My ultimate plan is to get to Siget next year, so we can say this was a warmup?


For more, check out my Instagram, will write soon xx