90s style comeback

by

Some say it was the worst, some say it was the best- in any case, style from the 90s was something completely unique. You had grunge, you had neon, you had loose clothes, you had skin-tight clothes, denim on denim on denim... A mix of everything and anything, but I'd say that the era was mostly marked with punk/grunge.
A few years ago, I hated flannel, loose jeans and the whole androgynous look girls wore. If shown a picture from the era, my reaction was 'yuck'.




However, few years ago the 60s were trendy, then the 70s, so it had to be the 90s that would have a turn and come back around. And I must admit, the messy look is growing stronger for me. 
Most applause I'd give to my idol, Rihanna, and her infinite grunge sexy looks she achieves to pull of. After her, Beyonce is also pulling it of, in her own diva-way.


And you have to love Cara as well-


There was this opposite side to grunge- isnpired by Clueless and the boho leftovers from 80s and 70s. Most popular was the crop-top, today's biggest hit (and one of my favorites). Combining PVC with knit, big fur coats on skinny legs and sky-high stilettos were the bomb. Not to mention the Kate Moss heroin-chic look-





My idol RiRi in one of, by my opinion, coolest combos EVER-


And another similar look (with same jeans!) -


All in all, the 90s were marked by supermodels like Schiffer, Crawford, Evangelista and Moss, grunge girls that still looked sexy, loud music and bad movies- except the models, not much has changed